Thursday, November 21, 2013

Meadham Kirchhoff x Topshop

This is Meadham Kirchhoff's fourth (count it, fourth) collaboration with Topshop and I decided that to commemorate this momentous occasion I would share my four picks from the collection. The concept is based on a fictional girl band called The Cherrys.


“The [collection's] overall aesthetic was influenced by Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids, Kembra Pfahler and glam rock,” Edward Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff said in a statement. “It is an enormous and all encompassing collection which will offer a myriad of choice for any customer to adapt or reject as they see fit.” It's very The Runaways (mainly Cherie Curie) during Cherry Bomb craze meets Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (Pon Pon Pon anyone?) if you ask me - then again you didn't. Each member has what I'd call a "sub collection" featuring pieces that she would wear - that is, if she were real (and I'm kinda bummbed they're not). Without even realizing it, all but one of my picks are from the "Cherry Cherie" sub collection. I dig it. Now, Which Cherry Are You?





No comments:

Post a Comment