Monday, December 9, 2013

Express Yourself



twitter | instagram | youtube



A couple weeks ago, I wore this outfit to work for Casual Friday. Pretty daring seeing that I work in Corporate America. Honestly, just "being me" at the workplace is daring (they don't call them "corporate drones" for no reason). But that's why I love fashion; you can be whoever you want to be and it's nobody's place to judge. I know the fashion industry can be an ugly place, full of unsolicited critics and cocky SOBs, but that's the nature of people, not fashion. Fashion itself is unbiased. It does not know race, it does not know gender, it does not know religion or creed. Fashion is freedom. So go out and express yourself! Wear that camouflage and leather jacket to work. Rock that floor length gown to the grocery store. Grab a bite to eat in that giant faux fur Tanuki hat. Be free. Be you.




5 comments:

  1. LOVED your post!! I think you pictures look really awesome!!!

    Bailey
    http://callmemissbailey.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! And the photographs also look so free and happy! xx
    Loved it!

    <(") Hoda
    www.joojoo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love it! Looking forward to your future posts ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you hun!! I love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "but that's the nature of people, not fashion."
    You are so right! And it is a good advice: "Be you"! In that moment, I'm loving your hair and style!

    ReplyDelete